In 1893 Fr. Charles Meredith was sent by Archbishop Corrigan to Walden as the first Pastor. Fr. Meredith arrived on July 1, 1893 -- the Feast of the Most Precious Blood -- hence the name of the parish. Twenty two years later, St. Benedict’s chapel was constructed in Wallkill to serve the Catholic community. The original church at MPB, a wooden structure, was replaced by the current church built in 1954. MPB school was built next -- and was opened in 1966.